As we all know from the many emails received over the last couple of weeks, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is now here. Browsing around i came across some informative documents from HSBC about GDPR, which i thought would be worth sharing. Let’s jump to it…
GDPR Checklist for Treasury
- Understand what data you have that falls under GDPR
- Do you have consent for the personal data?
- Who is responsible for the data that falls under GDPR?
- Are you managing data appropriately as required by GDPR?
- Where is your data stored?
- Do your third party partners comply with GDPR? Are you sure?
- Is your data encrypted?
- Do your employees understand cyber-threats, and how they may be targeted?
- What is the process to report breaches?
- Are you prepared for a GDPR audit?
GDPR Data Breach Infographic
The following HSBC GDPR infographic hones in on a data breach and details the pertinent points:
- How a breach may occur
- The importance of data encryption
- The need to report any breaches within 72 hours
- The significant impact of not reporting the breach within the stated period