Following on from my post 5 Reasons Why Trump Will and Will Not be President of the USA, i thought i would present the same for and against US President arguments for Hillary Clinton. Again, i get it that this is really simple but i think i captured the main issues. Let me what you think….
5 Reasons Why Clinton Will be the President of the USA:
- Hillary is a tried and “trusted” politician having served as First Lady (1993-2001), a junior United State Senator representing New York (2001-2009), United States Secretary of State (2009-2013) and now Democratic Party nominee for President of the United States is a ‘natural’ next step
- Hillary has worked to build an incredibly sophisticated and comprehensive Presidential campaign machine and support network throughout the US that will help secure her the Presidency
- Many minorities (some calling them the silent majority) will stick 2 fingers up at Trump and vote for Hillary, particularly Latino’s
- Hillary has clear policies in a variety of areas (tax, jobs, immigration, foreign policy, the environment, childcare, gun laws) that people can vote for/against
- Hillary speaks of breaking the glass ceiling, and being part of the movement that elected the first woman US President will be an incredibly invigorating and motivating factor at polling/voting stations
5 Reasons Why Clinton Will NOT be the President of the USA:
- The handling of the 2012 Benghazi attacks and the email scandal that followed put a huge question mark over Hillary’s ability to lead, handle sensitive and classified information, and her judgement as a viable Presidential candidate. These are hugely emotive issues and some go as far as saying that Clinton should be in jail, not on the ballot paper.
- Hillary is often referred to as a foreign policy hawk and people are extremely worried about her potentially aggressive foreign policy stance
- Hillary must not assume that she will win over black voters
- An overly cosy relationship between Hillary and Wall Street..!?!?
- Many don’t trust Hillary and often quote Barack Obama’s words from 2008 that “she [Hillary Clinton] will say anything and change nothing”
These are interesting times….!