Here we are, 2018! As i recover from a week of festivities, i thought i would take some time out to consider what we have ahead of us in 2018.
SEPA For Corporates – 2018, What Next…?
To be honest, I’m not sure where this amazing (hehe!) blog is heading. SEPA for Corporates started off as a SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) resource for me to document what i was discovering about the then upcoming SEPA Regulation (No. 260-2012). It was a simple way for me to better understand the SEPA Regulation and share my findings with the wider world.
Once SEPA went live, payments became sexy. Innovation in payments rocketed and through this blog i have continued to discover for myself what’s happening, and share my findings in a simple to understand manner. In 2018, I’m sure new innovations will continue to push payments to new frontiers and I’ll be right there. I also want to hear from YOU, about topics you would like me to cover or if you would like to collaborate in anyway – contact me.
What is Hot and Happenin’ in 2018…?
Of course, there’s plenty happening in 2018 – following are some of the key events I’m looking out for:
- 9th – 25th February: Winter Olympics, Pyeongchang, South Korea
- 19th May: FA Cup Final, Wembley, UK
- 26th May: Champions League Final, Kiev – Ukraine
- 14th June – 15th July: World Cup, Russia
- 2nd – 15th July: Wimbledon, UK
Politics and Elections:
- 4th March (to be confirmed): Italy Presidential election (HSBC called Italy “the problem kid” of Europe)
- 18th March: Russian Presidential election
- 28th October: Brazilian Presidential election
- 6th November: US mid-term elections
- The whole year (!) – Brexit negotiations
Payments Related Events:
- 13th January: PSD2 implementation deadline
- 19th – 26th January: London Blockchain Week, London – UK
- 14th – 15th March: European Payment Summit, the Hague, the Netherlands
- 25th May: GDPR deadline
- 4th – 6th June: Money 20/20, RAI Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- 6th – 13th July: London Fintech Week, London, UK
- 22nd – 24th August: Mobile Payments Conference, Chicago, USA
- 22nd – 25th October: Sibos, Sydney, Australia
Contact me if you want your event added to the above list…
[EPSB] Thanks for stopping by – Take a look around…!![/EPSB]
- 19th May: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry – no public holiday 🙁
- April: Will and Kate are expecting their 3rd child
Here’s wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2018.