My recent posts highlighting key cybersecurity threats and my notes from the SWIFT cybersecurity conference revealed the phenomenal growth and adoption of various biometric security emthods. So in this post, i thought i would share 5 infographics that nicely summarise everything you need to know about biometric security. My key takeaways are the following:
- Biometric security is going mainstream with many initiatives utilising the technology to help register and verify the identity of users
- In a digital and sharing economy you need to trust that a person is who he/she says they are
- Biometric security could spell the end of passwords, but the technology is not completely secure yet
- User adoption is hampered by users feeling uncomfortable about the technology and the potential hacking of the biometric database
- Multi-factor authentication is seemingly the way to go!
1. Biometric Security Usage is Set to Reach a Billion
Ref: Deloitte - Prints Charming: Biometric Security Reaches the Billions